All data subjects whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 The GDPR Owner is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to Cathelco Ltd collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All employees of Cathelco Ltd who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
Cathelco supply a range of equipment to the commercial shipping, offshore oil & gas and superyacht sectors.
The personal data we would like to collect from you is:
Business phone number
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- To carry on the business of Cathelco between the data subject and the data subjects organisation
- To communicate and receive commercial information including pricing ,technical specifications and service arrangements
- To facilitate good client relationship management
Our legal basis for processing the personal data is one or more of :
- Legitimate Interests
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
- Cathelco Sales Agents
- Cathelco Service Agents
We do not collect or process any data that falls under the “GDPR Special Categories.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Cathelco Ltd to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by completing our Consent withdrawal form on application by email to Cathelco’s GDPR Owner, or downloaded from our website.
Cathelco Ltd will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent.
3.4 Retention period
Cathelco Ltd will process personal data for a period of time no longer than the data subject’s commercial involvement with Cathelco and will store the personal data for a period not exceeding 12 months following confirmation that the data subject has no commercial involvement with Cathelco, in accordance with our data retention policy.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Cathelco Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data. A subject access request form may be downloaded from our website should you wish to do so.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Cathelco Ltd (or third parties as described in 3.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the ICO, and directly with Cathelco Ltd on the following email address: GDPR@cathelco.com, or by post to our address below.
4. Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Cathelco Ltd, will collect and use your personal data for providing commercial information on our products and services to include pricing information, technical specifications, servicing arrangements, order processing, training arrangements and shared business intelligence.
Why does Cathelco Ltd need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with details on the services and products provided by Cathelco as requested by you. We need to collect personal data to carry on the business of Cathelco between you the data subject and/or your organisation. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Cathelco Ltd would contact you for additional consent.
Will Cathelco Ltd share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Cathelco Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Cathelco Ltd’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Cathelco Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
Cathelco Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Cathelco Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Cathelco Ltd contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Cathelco Ltd at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Cathelco Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Cathelco Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Cathelco Ltd accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months).
Contact details of the GDPR Owner:
Contact Name: GDPR@cathelco.com
Address: Marine House, Dunston Rd, Chesterfield, S41 8NY, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 1246457900