Count down to introduction of Cathelco BWT system in 2013
The Cathelco BWT system is being rigorously tested in accordance with IMO specifications working towards a launch date of 2013. Land based tests have been carried out at the NIOZ facility in the Netherlands where proof of concept was achieved in November 2011.
Ship based tests began on the MV Eddystone, a ro-ro vessel owned by Foreland Shipping in September 2012. It is anticipated that the full test results will be available in 1st
quarter of 2013 with the aim of achieving IMO Approval by the 2nd half of 2013.
When IMO Approval has been received, Cathelco intend to apply for USCG Approval.
Time line towards IMO Approval
- Proof of concept (NIOZ) – achieved November 2011.
- Second land based tests (NIOZ) – in progress.
- Results of NIOZ tests scheduled for April 2013.
- Ship based installation trials began in September, 2012
- Full test results to be completed by 1st quarter of 2013.
- Certification and IMO Approval to be obtained by beginning of 2nd half 2013.