Count down to introduction of Cathelco BWT system in 2014
The Cathelco BWT has been rigorously tested in accordance with IMO specifications working towards a launch date in the 1st Quarter of 2014.
Land based testing at the NIOZ facility in the Netherlands was completed in October 2012. Ship based tests on board the MV Eddystone, a ro-ro vessel owned by Foreland Shipping, were completed in May 2013.
All of the documentation necessary to obtain IMO Type Approval was passed to the German flag state authority (BSH) in October 2013. This dossier contained a full technical description, operation manuals, drawings and calculations to verify the scaling of the system as well as the complete results of land based and sea based testing.
When IMO Approval has been received, Cathelco intend to apply for USCG Approval under the Alternative Management System.
Time line towards IMO Approval
- Proof of concept (NIOZ) – achieved November 2011.
- Second land based tests (NIOZ) – completed October 2012.
- Ship based installation trials began in September, 2012
- Ship based trials completed in May 2013.
- All documentation passed to German Administration (BSH) October 2013.
- IMO Approval anticipated in 1st Quarter of 2014